How it works
This is the first step to expressing your interest for any position. Your online application should include a current resume that describes your employment history and includes both your professional and educational background. It is important to show how your experience and skills match the requirements of the role.
A PROFESSIONAL RESUME AND COVER LETTER
Your resume is a summary of your professional experience and qualifications and should be clear and concise. The resume is the first opportunity to sell yourself to us as your potential employer and should be tailored to how your skills, work experience and qualifications match the role. A cover letter of no more than one page should be included as part of your online application.
If your application is shortlisted, you may be contacted for a phone interview by a member of the Human Resources team who will provide you with information on the role and a time frame for the recruitment process.
ONE ON ONE AND GROUP INTERVIEWS
Depending on the position, you may be invited to attend a one-on-one interview with the relevant manager and a representative from our Human Resources team. For some front line roles you may be invited to a group interview.
As part of the recruitment and on boarding process some candidates may be required to undertake pre-employment check(s) prior to commencing work which include but are not limited to:
- Medical – Candidates will be invited to attend a medical examination at our nominated medical centre.
- Working with Children Check – In accordance with the Child Protection (Working With Children) Act 2012 both paid and unpaid child-related work will require candidates to complete this check.
- Visa – We will ensure eligibility to work if you are a non-resident of Australia under the rules from the Department of Immigration and Boarder protection.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT FOR STAFF
- You MUST have a current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) and Responsible Conduct of Gaming (RCG) certificate and/or competency card.
- Potential candidates should be available for any shift over the whole seven days of the week with an emphasis on shifts throughout our core trading hours (Friday evening through to Sunday close). Employees MUST meet this minimum availability.
- Shifts can be up to 12 hours in length, therefore the ability to remain on your feet for that period of time is essential.
- A passion for superior customer service is needed.
- Impeccable grooming.
- A strict uniform code is enforced.
- From time to time you may be exposed to Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) and therefore need to be able to work in such an environment
- Employees are not permitted to be a member of Wests Illawarra